Thursday, 9 December 2010

December









It's so cold, but so pretty. My dad is stuck in Edinburgh where the snow is too deep to move, and my mum went to Paris today. One of my brothers lives in Edinburgh too and I'm starting to worry that they all wont make it back in time for Christmas! I'm aware that soon enough my parents will sell their house and we will all be in separate places at this time of year, and I love family Christmas's so much, I'm savouring them while they last! I've been trying to convince my parents that they should get a kitten, I can't have one in my flat and having a kitten to go and visit would be amazing! We all miss our cat Clio and I think we could do with another furball running around. If you hadn't noticed, I'm obsessed with cats. Not having one in my life is driving me mad! 
This year will be my boyfriend and I's first Christmas living together and I'm looking forward to the whole thing, we have some different ideas though; if he had it his way the decorations would be up already, but thanks to traditions instilled in my mum by my Polish Granddad, we have always put the decorations and tree up on Christmas eve, and they stay up for the twelve days of Christmas. My boy's not too keen on that so we've settled for a week before Christmas instead. I'm excited to go decoration shopping! I need to finish off my present buying too, how's yours going? What are you hoping to get? I've asked Santa for this lovely red sewing machine. I've wanted one for ages and I love that this one is red and not an eyesore like a lot of the ones I've seen. I'd also love some MAC make-up, and some nice jewellery or something, perhaps from my favourite jewellery shop The Vamoose. I bought this necklace from there for my mum, (shhh don't tell her) and it's so beautiful I know she's going to love it, I'm excited to give it to her! 
These pictures were all taken recently with my Ae-1, on very expired 200 iso film, I like how cold everything looks in them. I'm going to go put another jumper on, brrr.

9 comments:

  1. I love these Ismay, they really look like December x

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the oictures there is great atmosphere, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have reaaly great blog and you're talented.love every single picture.what camera do you use? Now i'm starting read all your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful blog! much mood is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone :)
    I took these with a Canon Ae-1, which is such a lovely camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog <3 following

    www.aniab.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i love the tones and everything of these pictures!
    x
    http://charlyandthebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are absolutely gorgeous!!! Hope your Christmas pulled together in the end and you got lovely things

    R x

    ReplyDelete