Wednesday, 5 January 2011

hello loves.



How are you all? Did you have a good Christmas/New Year? Hope so! Here is a drawing of my friend Hazel. I drew it from this picture which I took on a very sunny day LAST year. Wow how is it 2011 already? I remember when two-thousand-and-anything sounded mega futuristic. Anyway so I had such a lovely Christmas, thank goodness my family made it through the snow so that we could spend it together and it was just the best! My parents got me a MacBook Pro (I KNOW!) and I love it so much, I've used old computers for so long it's actually just a novelty to click on something and not have to wait five minutes for something to happen. So good. My boyfriend got me the cute little red sewing machine that I wanted, so now I can attempt to make some things, I'll probably be terrible at it for a while, it took me long enough to thread the thing but hey I'll try my best!
Anyway I just got back from Scotland on Monday, we spent the New Year in Edinburgh and it was so lovely and relaxed and we ate delicious food and drank wine and were amazed by the beautiful fireworks. 
I took this photo on the way home:


The countryside around Edinburgh is beautiful. I just love Scotland. I wish I could move there, but it's not to be (not just yet anyway). Still, I'll go back soon (my family live there) and enjoy the beautiful scenery and gorgeous old buildings and lovely people and the best accent ever a bit more then! 
Oh and hello new followers thanks for reading! And thanks for the lovely comments everyone, I really appreciate it. 

10 comments:

  1. The drawing is SO good! :-D And the photo beautiful, glad you had a good Christmas :-) x
    http://phhoebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your illustration, its very pretty but striking. I just love your blog!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that drawing is amazing! i love the contrast of black and white then the red on the glasses!
    happy new year :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pictures beautiful! Lets run away to scotland!
    And of course I do love my portrait you little genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful illustration! x

    www.youlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove your artwork yo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!
    Haze, lets yes! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with your work! I just needed to tell you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO in love with your work. Seriously you've got some major talent. Is there any way I could get price ranges for custom portraits? E-mail me at happy_haylee_3@hotmail.com if that's a possibility. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you learn to draw like that? It's amazing..

    ReplyDelete