Sunday, 11 March 2012

Cat Flats: Spend / Save

this is confusing me. there is no doubt these missguided shoes are a blatant rip-off of the amazing charlotte olympia kitty flats. and there's no doubt they're not as nice as the originals, and they certainly wont be as well made, but they are cute aren't they? and they're £23.99- a fraction of the price of the charlotte olympia flats. at £485 the charlotte olympia's are just not an option for me, but as a certified cat lady they have been the object of my affection for quite some time.. so should i get myself some impostors or will i end up feeling guilty about buying copies and thinking about how i wished i had the originals? i've spent too long thinking about this already. 

9 comments:

  1. I would save up for the originals... :) But yes, they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I had the money I don't think I could justify spending nearly £500 on shoes!

      Delete
    2. I know it's not exactly cheap. I've wanted a Luella's Gisele bag ever since I knew they existed. Not because it's designer, but because it somehow pleased my eye. I managed to get a used green one off ebay for a much smaller amount of 100 pounds.
      Besides, for fun, I searched cat face shoes on both ebay and etsy. I do wonder really who is ripping who off, because there's various variations of them. Maybe then it's safest to get the cheap pair. :)

      Delete
  2. Make em yourself and avoid the entire situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am absolutely terrible at crafty things! I can just imagine the gluey wonky cat shoes I would come up with.

      Delete
  3. No way to spend so much money for a pair of shoes which are not hand made. And who has made the cheap ones and in which conditions? Good idea to make them yourself. Ask a friend who is able;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are amazing! thank you for posting this, I might have to buy them. If you look at my latest post, you will see a picture of me wearing a cat sweater and a cat ring :p



    If anyone follows my blog, I will follow you back
    http://babyrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the originals, but I could never spend that much on a pair of shoes! I say buy the copies - they're just as cute and so cheap! x

    ReplyDelete